Knox County Sheriff - Sheriff J.J. Jones
Submit A Tip
You Can Now Submit A Tip With Your Phone By Text or With An App
You can submit a tip and remain completely anonymous. You can do it from any phone that can send and receive text messages. All you have to do is text Crimes 274637 and use Knox as the first word of the text message.
If you’d like to send a picture with the tip, you are required to download the app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
If you want to submit a tip via smartphone app, you can download the free Tipsubmit Mobile App to your iPhone or android Smart phone.
The Criminal Intelligence Unit will follow up on all tips.
If you have a tip on about a crime, please call 215-2243 or post a confidential tip or concern here, using the form below.
When submitting crime tips, provide as much of the following information as you can:
- Who: Names and/or a description of the person/people involved.
- What: Description of the type of crime.
- When: Date and time of crime.
- Where: Address or description of place.
- Why: Motive, Why crime was/is going to be committed.
- How: What methods are going to be/were used.
- Any other information such as a vehicle description.
You may give tips anonymously. It is not necessary to give us your name.